Monday, May 11, 2009

Avocado Cilantro Hummus

A couple of weeks ago a bunch of friends came with me to stay in my boss's condo in St. George.






We were at Costco buying all of the food for the weekend and there was some company there selling all types of hummus. We sampled the Avocado Cilantro and it was so yummy! So I decided to recreate it.

I attempted to make homemade pita bread to go along with the humus. They looked like big fluffy pillows and sounded so easy on the blog that I found them. Mine never "puffed" so we had flat breads instead. One of these days I will try them again and put the recipe up. Even though the pitas were less than perfect the hummus was pretty darn good!

Avocado Cilantro Hummus
1 can garbanzo beans (drain and reserve the liquid)
4 T lemon juice
4 T olive oil
1 tsp salt (I like salt and added a lot more than this)
1 avocado
1 bunch of cilantro

Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender with some of the reserve liquid. Blend, adding more liquid until it reaches the consistency you want. I probably used three-fourths of the liquid. Eat on pita bread or with pita or corn chips.

Its really tasty, low-fat and has some good protein!




No comments: