Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Grape Nuts Bars

I love grape nuts and somehow this came up in conversation with a co-worker. He showed up the next day with a 4 pound box that was about 3/4 full! I didn't want to be eating grape nuts for the rest of my life so I decided to try a recipe on the back. It honestly took 5 minutes to make and they are really chewy and tasty and have tons of grains and fiber! Even my roommate who doesn't like grape nuts thought they were pretty good.

Grape Nuts Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
4 cups grape nuts cereal

Combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in bowl and microwave for two minutes, stirring after each minute. Add cereal and stir in. But in a foil lined, greased 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool completely. Then lift bars out on foil and cut into 30 pieces. Each piece had something like 140 calories and 2.5 grams of fat...give or take a bit!

I brought half of them for my co worker, we decided they would be good with chocolate, nuts, coconut, etc to make them like a granola bar!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Jamos, I was so gonna make these! Ah well now I know ahead of time that they are good!